This is the Method Statement used by Reach Scaffolding Ltd, it can be adapted for every different contract.
- OBJECTIVE - To provide a safe place to work and environment for scaffolders to erect and dismantle scaffolds for the use of other trades in pursuance of their work.
- TRANSPORT – Transport carrying labour and materials to arrive on site and receive instructions on areas to be worked.
- UNLOADING / LOADING – Materials to be unloaded and loaded by hand and carried to the place of initial erection.
- MAIN CONTRACTOR / Home owner to supply a suitable base around the perimeter of the.
- SCAFFOLDERS – All scaffolders involved in the erection and dismantling of scaffold will hold a certificate issued by the CSCS and grade either basic or advanced under the Construction industry scaffolders record scheme and can be produced at any time. Scaffolding to be erected/dismantled to SG4 – TG20 : 13 Guidelines. Scaffolders will be equipped with safety helmet, safety boots, level, scaffold spanners and safet harnesses.
- MATERIALS – Steel tube 48.3mm diameter, with a thickness of 4mm manufactured to BS1139 supplied in lengths up to 6400mm.
- FITTINGS – All fittings to BS1139. Doubles and swivels are drop forged; sleeves, couplers and base plates are pressed steel.
- SCAFFOLD BOARDS – Nominal 225mm x 38mm to BS2482. Supplied in 13ft lengths banded at both ends to prevent splitting ,maximum unsupported length of 1200mm.
- LADDERS – All ladders to be steel and in good condition.
- BASEPLATES – Nominal 150mm steel plate with a central welded locating pin.
- SOLE BOARDS – Timber sole boards are cut off scaffold boards and are generally 225mm long.
- OTHER ITEMS – Reach scaffolding Handing over certificate will be issued on completion of erection of scaffold.
This method statement is to be read in conjunction with our quotation. You can also download a copy of our Risk Assessment.
We want to make your life as easy as possible and offer a friendly, reliable, value for money service. If you have a requirement to hire scaffolding equipment, get in touch. We offer a free no-obligation quote or site survey. Give us a call on 07854 075501 or e-mail us at email@example.com with your requirements. We promise to provide the most cost effective solution for your needs.